Stress can cause unhealthy eating and weight gain because you will turn for food comfort to relieve yourself from the stress when you’re stressed. When this happens, a lot of unhealthy eating can occur because you’re in a more impulsive state.
Stress’s effect on bad eating is not hypothetical. There are studies that show a link between cortisol, which is a chemical that is released when you’re stressed and bad eating.
There is one chemical, in particular, cortisol which is released and upon times of stress, and there have been studies that have shown a link between cortisol and unhealthy eating practices.
Stress eating may seem purely emotional but keep in mind emotions are chemical reactions, in when you’re stress and then you turn to eating keep in mind that they’re a lot of chemicals at play.
How To Stop Stress Eating
– Find alternative ways to deal with stress or find outlets for your stress. An example of an outlet for stress is exercising, exercising can be a great way to deal with
– Learn what causes you to stress, and then find better ways to deal with or avoid these triggers so they don’t cause you stress. Keep in mind it may be a single even that causes you stress you may just have a natural anxiety.
– Have a morning routine. If you have a morning routine where you can prepare for the day physically and mentally, it can reduce the stress you feel that day.
– Get professional guidance on how to deal with stress.
– Always keep going, never just sit in wallow dwell on whatever is stressing you out because chances are you will stress yourself out even more.